The Gamer Corner
what's good for the goose is still a black kettle
chaoscat
Lost your password?

The Gathering Storm Crazy Predictions Thread (WoT Spoilers Ahoy)

The Gathering Storm Crazy Predictions Thread (WoT Spoilers Ahoy) – October 5, 2009 4:45 PM (edited 10/5/09 12:45 PM)
Talraen (2373 posts) Doesn't Play with Others
Rating: Not Rated
Book 12 comes out in a few short weeks, so now's the time to put your money where your mouth is. Put any non-obvious prediction here, where we will mercilessly rate it down for its stupidity, and then you can be a smarmy ass about it later when you turn out to be right. Sound fun? I thought so! I would suggest limiting yourself to one prediction per post, so they can be individually rated down. Wink And here's my first:

Prediction: Egwene will concede the Amyrlin Seat to Elaida in order to unify the White Tower

--
There is no Mythril Sword in Elfheim
Re: The Gathering Storm Crazy Predictions Thread (WoT Spoilers Ahoy) – October 5, 2009 4:45 PM (edited 10/5/09 12:45 PM)
Airclair (1096 posts) Doesn't Play Well with Others
Rand going blind.

I really don't want it to happen, but the more I thought about it, the more I believe it is going to happen. (Blind people can't channel btw, you can't see the flows).

Re: The Gathering Storm Crazy Predictions Thread (WoT Spoilers Ahoy) – October 5, 2009 4:47 PM (edited 10/5/09 12:47 PM)
Balerion (1224 posts) Elite Powergamer
Rating: /images/autobot.gif + 1
The Wheel of TIme will turn, ages will come and pass, and some wind will blow over a variety of places, bringing swineflu with it.

Re: The Gathering Storm Crazy Predictions Thread (WoT Spoilers Ahoy) – October 5, 2009 4:49 PM (edited 10/5/09 12:49 PM)
Rand will start listening to Dashboard Confessional

--
Re: The Gathering Storm Crazy Predictions Thread (WoT Spoilers Ahoy) – October 5, 2009 4:51 PM (edited 10/5/09 12:51 PM)
Elayne will die a horrible death, torn to pieces by shadowspawn or the like

(a guy can hope, right?)

--
Re: The Gathering Storm Crazy Predictions Thread (WoT Spoilers Ahoy) – October 20, 2009 11:03 PM (edited 10/20/09 7:03 PM)
Because someone has to have a theory on it, since it may finally be answered in this book...

Lanfear killed Asmodean, using one of her wishes from the *finn. Not an original theory, but what the hell, right?

--
Re: The Gathering Storm Crazy Predictions Thread (WoT Spoilers Ahoy) – October 26, 2009 2:43 PM (edited 10/26/09 10:43 AM)
This one occurred to me after re-reading book 11, but I haven't re-read anything else after book 2, so it may actually be completely impossible. But whatever.

Rand's dizziness when drawing on saidin is a result of his link with Moridin, and specifically it is a side-effect of using too much of the True Power.

--
Active Users: (none)
no users viewing | Refresh