The Gamer Corner
Johnny 5 ... YOU ARE NO LONGER ALIVE!
Lost your password?

Campaign/Character Editing

Re: Campaign/Character Editing – July 28, 2010 3:16 PM (edited 7/28/10 11:20 AM)
Balerion (1224 posts) Elite Powergamer
Rating: Not Rated
There are Exalted charms that change the target number to something other than 7, but they're pretty rare, and I think that's up to the players and DM to deal with manually.

(edit) Though I guess it wouldn't be hard to have target number and success doubling commands:

/roll 4d10 tn=6
/roll 4d10 nodouble (or whatever, I think a better command is needed)

(/edit)

Re: Campaign/Character Editing – July 28, 2010 3:24 PM (edited 7/28/10 11:24 AM)
chaoscat (452 posts) Ambassador of Good Will
Rating: /images/autobot.gif + 1
That would leave you to deal with botches and doubling tens and such by hand, but that's not too unreasonable. I mean, the goal of the /roll command is to replace dice, and the dice don't automatically double tens and subtract ones and such. I think this is a good alternative to fully customized systems. You could offer both - have fully customized systems for games that you feel like doing it for, and have this available for games which don't fit into one of the customized systems.

One nice bit of UI goodness that shouldn't be too hard to implement and would help with botches/double tens and such - can you have the individual die results sorted numerically?

Syllabic (4:14 PM): tozzi are you like dowd's jiminy cricket
Re: Campaign/Character Editing – July 28, 2010 3:27 PM (edited 7/28/10 11:27 AM)
Balerion (1224 posts) Elite Powergamer
Rating: Not Rated
Double plus good to sorting dice numerically.