The Gamer Corner
God I hate you guys
Talraen
Lost your password?

Robert Jordan Has Died

Robert Jordan Has Died – September 17, 2007 1:36 PM (edited 9/17/07 9:36 AM)
Talraen (2373 posts) Doesn't Play with Others
Rating: Not Rated
As Earl so thoughtfully informed us on the chat, Robert Jordan died last night. If you've been reading his blog, and more importantly reading between the lines, this is not really all that surprising. I got the impression he wasn't doing that badly yet, but it seemed very unlikely that he'd finish book 12 himself, especially since he had started recording his notes and telling people (like his editor/wife) the full story.

Obviously this is sad news, but I really don't have the words to say much about it. RJ was my favorite author (though in fairness, there wasn't that much competition), and this whole thing happening, especially as suddenly and quickly as it did, is just terrible.

As for the books, Jordan made it clear that book 12 would be finished whether he was there to see it or not, so no worries there. Rumor is there is an "army of writers" prepared to finish the Wheel of Time, and as he's been writing it for a good portion of his life, I trust that RJ left his series in good hands. But man, will it be bittersweet when the book finally comes out.

Re: Robert Jordan Has Died – September 17, 2007 1:59 PM (edited 9/17/07 9:59 AM)
Airclair (1096 posts) Doesn't Play Well with Others
"A great light has gone out."

Re: Robert Jordan Has Died – September 17, 2007 3:40 PM (edited 9/17/07 11:41 AM)
Debonair (259 posts) Lurker Extraordinaire
"But man, will it be bittersweet when the book finally comes out."

I must agree on that one. I had actually be checking the blog quite a bit recently, but saw the news on slashdot this morning of all places. tis a sad day

Active Users: (none)
no users viewing | Refresh