The Gamer Corner
...But our princess is in another castle!
Lost your password?

Dolph Lundgren will break you (and some ice too)

Dolph Lundgren will break you (and some ice too) – January 4, 2008 7:48 PM (edited 1/4/08 2:53 PM)
Airclair (1096 posts) Doesn't Play Well with Others
Rating: Not Rated

Re: Dolph Lundgren will break you (and some ice too) – January 4, 2008 7:56 PM (edited 1/4/08 2:56 PM)
Cuzzdog (1522 posts) Head of Gamer Corner R&D
Matt, isn't that what you're learning to do right now?

Re: Dolph Lundgren will break you (and some ice too) – January 4, 2008 8:09 PM (edited 1/4/08 3:09 PM)
Balerion (1224 posts) Elite Powergamer
Yeah . . . not so much. I think I could start learning breaking when I get my green belt, but I have no interest in it. When I saw the breaking part of our tournament a few months ago I was pretty bored.

It's funny you should mention it though - this style of karate is the one that our founder left in order to create this school, and I've seen some videos of him breaking ice blocks exactly like that, it's apparently a pretty popular demonstration. He also used to do sword catching . . . I don't think either of these people are him, because he was busy judging at this tournament, but he did the exact same presentation. If you're interested there's like a 20 page thread on whether or not it's faked.

Re: Dolph Lundgren will break you (and some ice too) – January 4, 2008 9:23 PM (edited 1/4/08 4:23 PM)
Airclair (1096 posts) Doesn't Play Well with Others
That sword catch is freakin amazing.

Re: Dolph Lundgren will break you (and some ice too) – January 4, 2008 9:34 PM (edited 1/4/08 4:34 PM)
Talraen (2373 posts) Doesn't Play with Others
Call me a cynic, but it looks to me like the guy was slowing down the sword before the other guy even touched it. Unless he's got telekinetic powers or something, I'm skeptical.

Re: Dolph Lundgren will break you (and some ice too) – January 4, 2008 11:28 PM (edited 1/4/08 6:28 PM)
Balerion (1224 posts) Elite Powergamer
Oh, I'm sure it does slow down - I'm not really sure what kind of person you would have to be to engage in a highly choreographed maneuver which would result in you friend's death if they screw up without beginning to balk a bit at some point. And it is absolutely a choreographed demonstration, not a live fight (although I don't think they caught the intro in this video). But even with a slight bit of slowdown and the fact that it's choreographed, it's an amazing and quite dangerous feat - I know our founder still has scars on his hands from the time when he was doing this on a regular basis.

Active Users: (guests only)
1 user viewing | Refresh