The Gamer Corner
Things won't become as bleak as you fear. They're already just as bleak as you fear.
Cuzzdog
Lost your password?

Dowd's "Amazing" Salad Dressing

Dowd's "Amazing" Salad Dressing – June 25, 2008 3:54 PM (edited 6/25/08 11:54 AM)
Talraen (2373 posts) Doesn't Play with Others
Rating: /images/autobot.gif + 4
Hey, Tozzi said it, not me! Anyway, I figured I may as well just post this here. This dressing is a recipe my mom learned in home ec back in high school, and is probably from the back of a box from the '60s or something. But it's still pretty good.

Ingredients:
1/3 cup of vinegar (I prefer white)
2/3 cup of oil
1 clove garlic OR 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon mustard (preferably dijon)
1/3 teaspoon paprika (optional)

It's pretty simple: put everything (except the oil) into the vinegar, mix it up, add oil, and mix it up some more. A few notes. You can probably get away with balsamic vinegar, but I don't actually like balsamic vinegar so I've never tried. Real garlic (through a garlic press) is obviously better than garlic powder. Assuming you don't use balsamic vinegar, the recipe can be made Atkins-friendly by using a packet of Splenda instead of the sugar. The paprika is basically there for color: the dressing is orange with it, and a sickly yellow color without.

Note that the vinegar and oil measurements are approximate. In reality, I use one of those Four Seasons (or whatever) dressing containers, with lines for the vinegar, water, and oil. I fill the vinegar to the second (water) line, mix it up, then fill the oil to the oil line.

Active Users: (guests only)
1 user viewing | Refresh