The Gamer Corner
The cake is a lie!
Lost your password?

Dowd's "Amazing" Salad Dressing

Dowd's "Amazing" Salad Dressing – June 25, 2008 3:54 PM (edited 6/25/08 11:54 AM)
Talraen (2373 posts) Doesn't Play with Others
Rating: /images/autobot.gif + 4
Hey, Tozzi said it, not me! Anyway, I figured I may as well just post this here. This dressing is a recipe my mom learned in home ec back in high school, and is probably from the back of a box from the '60s or something. But it's still pretty good.

Ingredients:
1/3 cup of vinegar (I prefer white)
2/3 cup of oil
1 clove garlic OR 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon mustard (preferably dijon)
1/3 teaspoon paprika (optional)

It's pretty simple: put everything (except the oil) into the vinegar, mix it up, add oil, and mix it up some more. A few notes. You can probably get away with balsamic vinegar, but I don't actually like balsamic vinegar so I've never tried. Real garlic (through a garlic press) is obviously better than garlic powder. Assuming you don't use balsamic vinegar, the recipe can be made Atkins-friendly by using a packet of Splenda instead of the sugar. The paprika is basically there for color: the dressing is orange with it, and a sickly yellow color without.

Note that the vinegar and oil measurements are approximate. In reality, I use one of those Four Seasons (or whatever) dressing containers, with lines for the vinegar, water, and oil. I fill the vinegar to the second (water) line, mix it up, then fill the oil to the oil line.

Active Users: (guests only)
1 user viewing | Refresh