The Gamer Corner
Be careful today, people, the McGriddle signs are ominous this morning
Talraen
Lost your password?

Should Rewards be Retroactive?

Poll Results (voting in this poll has ended)
No. Rewards should only be checked since the day they were added.
0% 0 votes
Yes. Rewards should extend backwards to accurately reflect the period before they were added.
50% 6 votes
Kind of. Reward dates should be updated to correctly reflect when the reward was earned, but they can't be earned retroactively.
50% 6 votes
TOTAL 100% 12 votes
Talraen (2373 posts)
July 9, 2008 8:12 PM (edited 7/9/08 4:12 PM)
I've been waffling on changing the reward processing script a bit. It runs daily, but they've been running for less than two weeks now. This causes two distinct problems:

First, the "earned" date for rewards is not accurate. If a cumulative reward was already earned when a reward was added, the date will still only be for the date the reward began to exist. There are rewards for 10 and 25 posts in a forum, so if you had 26 posts in a forum the day those rewards were added, they'd both be earned on the same day. Which, since it would not be especially difficult to determine when you would have earned those rewards, seems silly somehow.

The second problem is that you might have earned some rewards, such as monthly rewards, but they hadn't been implemented yet. Should you get credit for having the most reviews in April 2008, even though that reward was only implemented at the end of last month? And should the earned date reflect the first time you ever had the most reviews in a month?

These are two separate questions, but I can't make rewards retroactive without fixing the dates, so there are three choices for you. Let me know what you think.

geedavey (7 posts)
August 6, 2008 2:52 PM (edited 8/6/08 10:52 AM)
As long as Collin doesn't get any extra points, then i'm cool with it.

http://www.geedavey.com/images/ryd.gif
Active Users: (guests only)
1 user viewing | Refresh