The Gamer Corner
All right, so I was wrong
Talraen
Lost your password?

Heroes Season 3

Heroes Season 3 – October 22, 2008 1:43 AM (edited 10/21/08 9:43 PM)
Balerion (1224 posts) Elite Powergamer
Rating: Not Rated
WARNING, THERE MIGHT BE MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD

So let's just come right out and say it: I spent last year defending Season 2 to everyone and now I can't help but feel that Season 3 is an unforgivable load of schlock. Utter garbage. Every breath breathed while watching it is wasted, never to be recovered.

Hiro and Ando were always the comic relief - but they were lovable for their earnestness, not laughable for their slapstick.

And did they take a leaf from Megaman 9's book? Are they consciously trying to mimic pulp fiction with the shitty dialogue? Unfortunately it doesn't work here because it wasn't embraced from the beginning - Heroes can't choose to be Kill Bill now.

And good grief, why has Mohinder turned into The Fly? What the fuck? I'd prefer it if he turned into Charlie Brown.

Also, really? Really? Our dramatic tension for the third scene is going to be Heroes become Villains and vis a versa? Please. This show has been painted in black and white since it started, it doesn't have the ability to manage shades of grey, and doing this kind of reversal while retaining the stark difference is farcical.

Lastly, why can't villains stay dead? Why is Adam brought back? Why the fuck did we have Linderman show up again? Fuck you, Tim Kring. Fuck you.

This show is killing me because it had the potential to be a mixture of Lost and Rising Stars, and instead its like the kind of comic book everyone draws when they're in 6th grade, but with overpriced talent and overpriced special effects.

Ok, turned out to be a shorter rant than I thought, but maybe it'll get the ball rolling.

Re: Heroes Season 3 – October 22, 2008 11:54 AM (edited 10/22/08 7:54 AM)
Cuzzdog (1522 posts) Head of Gamer Corner R&D
Rating: /images/autobot.gif + 1
Their might be massive spoilers ahead? How the hell am I supposed to know if I should read that if there only might be massive spoilers ahead.

Re: Heroes Season 3 – October 22, 2008 12:03 PM (edited 10/22/08 8:03 AM)
chaoscat (452 posts) Ambassador of Good Will
Hell yeah! Stick it to the man!

I am so with you; or would be, if I had ever seen the show. On the other hand, thank you for lowering my desire to watch it.

Talraen (11:16 AM): That, and I've learned to parse through Tozzi's contempt
Re: Heroes Season 3 – October 22, 2008 5:30 PM (edited 10/22/08 1:30 PM)
c0deblooded (28 posts) Canadian
Are you making fun of Megaman 9? How dare you sir! A challenge thee to a duel!

Re: Heroes Season 3 – October 22, 2008 5:51 PM (edited 10/22/08 1:51 PM)
Nah, I think Megaman 9 did the retro/pulp thing well. Not so much for Heroes.

Re: Heroes Season 3 – October 27, 2008 1:45 PM (edited 10/27/08 9:45 AM)
Everyone has their intentions in that show. If you noticed, with the exception of Sylar, no one was really the bad guy, yet a lot of them did terrible things. The original "mutants", or whatever you'd like to call them did some horrible things, things that we are only beginning to see. Honestly, with the exception of Mohinder, everything makes sense.

Re: Heroes Season 3 – October 27, 2008 1:47 PM (edited 10/27/08 9:47 AM)
Of course it all makes sense, it's just shitty TV.

What also makes sense to me now is that you're clearly dating Tim Kring.

Re: Heroes Season 3 – October 27, 2008 1:56 PM (edited 10/27/08 9:56 AM)
I dunno, the start of the previous seasons sucked too. Everything was a fucking mess. Hell, the answers to all your questions were answered in the next episode after you posted. I'm not giving up on the show until the season is over.

Re: Heroes Season 3 – October 27, 2008 2:03 PM (edited 10/27/08 10:03 AM)
I think you're misunderstanding my questions. I'm not actually questioning why any of those things happened, I'm questioning the good taste of having such a cheesy, rehashed, pastiche of a storyline with cardboard cutout characters.

I don't actually watch cable, but I netflix TV shows a lot and I've realized in the past year or so that there is a lot of really good TV out there. I had high hopes for Heroes, and stood by it even during last season when it was getting pretty much universally panned. But this season is bullshit and there's not a shred of originality. At the moment I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the last episode Peter wakes up suddenly from the prophetic nightmare he just had and sets out to stop it from happening.

Re: Heroes Season 3 – October 27, 2008 3:15 PM (edited 10/27/08 11:15 AM)
True, I just don't watch a lot of serious TV. I guess I just saw this coming, and am enjoying people just shooting each other with lightning, running around real fast and trapping people in their lab of web. If you lower your expectations, its just fun to watch. Lets face it, the show was unoriginal from the the start. It's people with superpowers running around being assholes. X-men could (purely hypothetical) have been this way before everyone found out about them. If you ask me, the population at large(who watch TV) don't want something new. They want a rehash of what they've already watched and enjoyed. Fringe = X-files, My Own Worst Enemy = Alias = Get Smart, Heroes = X-men, Battlestar Galactica = Battlestar Galactica (one of the only descent rehashes), Enterprise = Startrek: Voyager = Star Trek:TNG = Star Trek.

The point is, the entertainment industry is exactly what the name says, an industry. People are looking to make a buck, usually they are unoriginal bastards who leech off others ideas. And we watch the results. Thus its something fun to glance at while I'm regening mana in whatever MMO I'm playing.

Active Users: (guests only)
1 user viewing | Refresh