The Gamer Corner
Because god gets his power from your tears.
chaoscat
Lost your password?

Role Playing World Gerating Game

( 1| 2) Next Page
Role Playing World Gerating Game – August 17, 2009 1:02 PM (edited 8/17/09 9:02 AM)
Cuzzdog (1522 posts) Head of Gamer Corner R&D
Rating: Not Rated
Sometimes coming up with ideas for role playing world can be tough on a DM. Well not anymore! Now it can be a fun group activity with the Dawn Of Worlds rule set. This looks like a lot of fun, and can be done entirely online using forums. I think it would be a lot of fun to do a dry run of this game right here to see how things shake out. Anyone else interested?

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game – August 18, 2009 5:05 PM (edited 8/18/09 1:05 PM)
So clearly, at least some people are keen on playing. I'm getting ready to start a blank map, but I think the size of the world should depend on the number of players playing. As such, please respond if you're interested in giving this crazy system a try.

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game – August 18, 2009 5:10 PM (edited 8/18/09 1:10 PM)
Balerion (1224 posts) Elite Powergamer
Count me in

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game – August 18, 2009 5:15 PM (edited 8/18/09 1:15 PM)
chaoscat (452 posts) Ambassador of Good Will
I'm down for giving it a try

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game – August 19, 2009 2:44 AM (edited 8/18/09 10:44 PM)
Rating: /images/autobot.gif + 2
Ok, I created a starting map to play with. I also created a photobucket account that the group can share. I'll PM anyone who wants to play the login information for Photobucket to upload map changes. When do you guys want to start playing? Should we wait to see if anyone else wants to join in?

Starting Map:
http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad336/Gamercorner/DawnOfWorlds1/StartMap.jpg
Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - Turn 1 – August 19, 2009 1:06 PM (edited 8/19/09 9:11 AM)
Rating: /images/autobot.gif + 1
Nah, I think we should just get started. I mentioned it to Steve on the phone last night and he seemed content to lurk. And it seems unlikely that Brian will be stopping by regularly enough for this.

I think if anyone wants to pop in later then we should just let them join in - there's not really a good reason not to add people as they come, they just won't have had as big an effect on the world.

Also, I propose that each "turn" be a posted reply to your original post with the map, and each person reply with the number of points they rolled, what they want to do, the cost, and their current point total.

I'm going to use the below link for dice rolls:

http://www.random.org/dice/

So, Turn 1 for me:

Roll: 9 Points

Action: Spend all 9 points to do Shape Land 1" and turn the island on the right into a jungle island.

Remaining points: 0

Which, according to the rules leaves me with +1 point for next round.

Total remaining points: 1

(edit) I'm editing the map now - since the island squares aren't exactly 1" I went a bit into some of the other squares (you'll see what I mean), it seems like a reasonable thing to do, but if anyone has a problem just feel free to undo it. (/edit)

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - Turn 1 – August 19, 2009 4:05 PM (edited 8/20/09 10:13 AM)
Roll: 5

Action: spend 3 points on shape land to create a desert in the southern central area of the main continent.

Remaining points: 2

I also get the +1 bonus for next round, so

Total remaining points: 3

and I have posted the map with my change (went over the borders of the box slightly, because drawing with a mouse is hard, and soft edges make more sense than hard edges.)

(edited to remove shape climate option, based on chat conversation)

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - Turn 1 – August 20, 2009 12:39 PM (edited 8/20/09 8:58 AM)
There are rules for doing turn order. At the beginning of each round every player is supposed to roll 2d6 to determine order for that round. But I think with only 3 people, that would get annoying fast, so maybe we'll just randomize turn order every age instead. And secondly, I really don't think this game would work well with a strictly "stay within the lines" kind of attitude. Doing effects that take up about 1/3 of three different squares, or bleeding into adjacent squares a little bit is perfectly fine by me. Anyway, my turn:

First Age, Round 1, Turn 3
Previous Points - 0
Points Rolled - 10
New Total - 10

Actions:
Shape Land 1" X 3 - Create mountain range in north west section of the map.

Points Remaining: 1 (+1)

Map

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - Round 2 – August 20, 2009 1:54 PM (edited 8/20/09 9:54 AM)
Die Roll: 8 + 1 remaining point = 9 points total

Action: Shape Land, 3 Squares, from the tip of Cuzzo's mountains down to the sea I'll create a river.

Remaining points: 0

+2 points for second turn in a row with less than 5 points remaining.

Final remaining points: 2

Map

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - Round 2 – August 20, 2009 2:21 PM (edited 8/20/09 10:21 AM)
Roll: 7 + 3 = 10 points
Action: shape land x 3 - expanding my desert
Remaining points: 1
Bonus points: +2

Points entering next round: 3

map

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - Round 2 – August 20, 2009 2:55 PM (edited 8/20/09 10:55 AM)
First Age, Round 2, Turn 3
Previous Points - 2
Points Rolled - 6
New Total - 8

Actions:
Shape Land 1" X 2 - Continuing the mountain range.

Points Remaining: 2 (+2)

Map

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - Age 1, Round 3, Turn 1 – August 20, 2009 3:04 PM (edited 8/20/09 11:04 AM)
Starting Points: 2
Roll: 5
Total for Turn: 7

Extend river 1 space: costs 3 points

End turn with 4 points, +3 for being below five

7 points remaining for next turn

Map

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - Age 1, Round 3, Turn 1 – August 20, 2009 4:42 PM (edited 8/20/09 12:42 PM)
roll: 4 + 3 remaining = 7
Action: 2 x shape land Added two squares of mountains north of the desert.
Points remaining at end of turn: 1
Bonus: +3

Points entering next turn: 4

map

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - Age 1, Round 3, Turn 3 – August 20, 2009 5:27 PM (edited 8/20/09 1:27 PM)
First Age, Round 3, Turn 3
Previous Points - 4
Points Rolled - 6
New Total - 10

Actions:
Shape Land 1" X 2 - Finishing the mountain range. This mountain range now cuts off the northern western part of the map, making travel from the mainland to that portion of the map difficult.

Shape Land 1" - A lowlands near the center of the map forks the river, creating a large lake.

Points Remaining: 1 (+3)

Map

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - A1 R4 T1 – August 20, 2009 5:43 PM (edited 8/20/09 1:43 PM)
Starting Points: 7
Die Roll: 5
Total for this turn: 12

Create Avatar: 10 points - I will create a treefolk avatar named Joramund who resides in the northeastern penninsula.

Points Remaining: 2 +3 for having less than 6 = 5 total for next turn

Map

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - A1 R4 T1 – August 20, 2009 8:13 PM (edited 8/20/09 4:13 PM)
Starting points: 4
Die Roll: 7
Total for this turn: 11

Action: Added 3 more tiles of desert (also, discovered GIMP has a sand dunes brush which is much easier to use than the air brush, so cleaned up the entire desert to follow that pattern)

Points remaining: 2 + 3 bonus = 5 total for next turn

map

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - A1 R4 T1 – August 20, 2009 10:59 PM (edited 8/20/09 6:59 PM)
First Age, Round 4, Turn 3
Previous Points - 4
Points Rolled - 4
New Total - 8

Actions:
Shape Land 1" X 2 - Create forest around the lake

Points Remaining: 2 (+3)

Map

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - A1 R5 T1 – August 21, 2009 2:04 AM (edited 8/24/09 10:25 AM)
Points from last turn: 5
Die Roll: 9
Total for turn: 14

2 points: Command Avatar to spawn a race of Ents (edit) I realized reading the rules last night that I should have specified that they start at Purify +1 (/edit)

12 points, 2x2 forest for them

0 points remaining, so +3 for next turn which brings me to a total of

3 points for next turn

Did a shitty job drawing the forest because I don't have a mouse at the moment, I'll touch it up tomorrow

Map

(edit) voting to continue the first age (/edit)

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - A1 R5 T2 – August 21, 2009 4:44 PM (edited 8/21/09 12:44 PM)
points from last turn: 5
Die roll: 7
Total for turn : 12

Action: Create Avatar - That Which Sleeps Beneath the Sands - Like the desert sands, this being is shifting and fickle. Its form varies, and often appears between a humaniod and a desert animal (I'm sort of envisioning the various Egyptian deities rolled into one), and acts as both a force of creation and destruction.

Points remaining: 2 + 3 bonus
Points to start next turn: 5

Not making a map change since it's not really relevant where the avatar is right now, other than in that desert.

Also, voting to continue the first age.

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - A1 R5 T2 – August 21, 2009 5:09 PM (edited 8/21/09 1:09 PM)
First Age, Round 5, Turn 3
Previous Points - 5
Points Rolled - 4
New Total - 9

Actions:
Shape Land 1" X 3 - The lake provides plenty of water for the nearby area, turning the lowlands into a valley with dense forest.

Points Remaining: 0 (+3)

Map

( 1| 2) Next Page
Active Users: (guests only)
1 user viewing | Refresh