The Gamer Corner
It’s not how big your stats are, it’s how you use them
Lost your password?

Role Playing World Gerating Game

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - A1 R6 T1 – August 21, 2009 5:42 PM (edited 8/21/09 1:42 PM)
Balerion (1224 posts) Elite Powergamer
Rating: Not Rated
Points from last turn: 3
Die Roll: 10
Total for this turn: 13

Action: Shape land x 4 - expanding the forest

Remaining: 1 + 3 = 4 points for next round

Vote to continue first age for another round

Map

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - A1 R6 T1 – August 21, 2009 8:06 PM (edited 8/21/09 4:06 PM)
chaoscat (452 posts) Ambassador of Good Will
Points left from last turn: 5
Die Roll: 11 (woot!)
total for this turn: 16

Action: Shape land x 5!! to extend the southern mountain range to the coast. It is still passable in the north-eastern side, but goes to the ocean in the south west.

Points remaining: 1 + 3 = 4 to start next round.

Vote continue first age another round.

(edit: forgot the map link)

map

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - A1 R6 T1 – August 21, 2009 8:13 PM (edited 8/21/09 4:13 PM)
Cuzzdog (1522 posts) Head of Gamer Corner R&D
First Age, Round 6, Turn 3
Previous Points - 3
Points Rolled - 11
New Total - 14

Actions:
Shape Climate 1" X 7 - The north west mountain range redirects a major jet stream, casting much of the north west section of the land beyond the mountain range into perpetual winter.

Points Remaining: 0 (+3)

Map

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - A1 R7 T1 – August 24, 2009 2:10 PM (edited 8/24/09 10:10 AM)
Points from last turn: 4
Die Roll: 5
Total for turn: 9

Shape Land x 3 - expanding the forest by two squares and finally finishing that river I started on ages ago, creating a broad delta where it meets the sea

End of turn: 0 points +3 for having less than 5 = 3 for next turn

And I vote to continue the first age

Map

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - A1 R7 T2 – August 24, 2009 2:28 PM (edited 8/24/09 10:32 AM)
Points from last turn: 4
Die roll: 6
Total for turn: 10
Action: Shape land x 3 - a little more desert. I think I'm almost done with it.

Points remaining: 1 + 3 = 4

vote to continue first age

(edited to include map link)

map

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - A1 R7 T2 – August 26, 2009 10:44 PM (edited 8/26/09 6:44 PM)
First Age, Round 7, Turn 3
Previous Points - 3
Points Rolled - 4
New Total - 7

Actions:
Shape Climate 1" X 3 - Continuing to add to the snow field.

Points Remaining: 1 (+3)

Map

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game – August 27, 2009 2:19 PM (edited 8/27/09 10:22 AM)
Started with:3
Die Roll: 11
Total for Turn: 14

Shape Land x 4 - extending the forest

Command Avatar: Have Joramund Create City for the treefolk, this "city" is really just a wide open valley in the middle of the forest that they'll basically teraform into something approaching a higher degree of order than the rest of the forest. They give it no name, simply referring to it as "home", or, at most, "The Vale".

Map

I think I will also vote in continuing the first age for one more round. In retrospect, it seems like this map was large for three people, but there wasn't really a way to know that . . .

(edit) Obviously 0 points remaining, therefore +3 for next round (/edit)

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game – August 27, 2009 5:28 PM (edited 8/27/09 1:28 PM)
Started with: 4
Roll: 3
Total for turn: 7
Action: 2 more tiles of desert
points left 1 + 3 = 4

map

continue 1st age

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game – August 27, 2009 5:35 PM (edited 8/27/09 1:35 PM)
First Age, Round 8, Turn 3
Previous Points - 4
Points Rolled - 9
New Total - 13

Actions:
Shape Climate 1" X 4 - Finish the snow field.

Points Remaining: 5 (+3)

Map

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game – August 27, 2009 6:11 PM (edited 8/27/09 2:13 PM)
Points Remaining: 3
Die Roll: 10
Total for turn: 13

Shape land x 3 to finish off the great northern forest

Shape climate x 1 to make the treefolk city a place of permanently beautiful climate

Command Avatar x 1 -> Command City to produce a wonder. We'll say that the centerpiece of the city is a luminous pool of water, bathing in it promotes long life and heals terrible wounds. It's presence in the city is felt throughout the vale as the increased fecundity turns it into a garden of surpassing beauty.

0 points remaining, +3 for next round

Vote to continue 1st Age

Map

(edit) took some liberties with the western edge of the forest to make it seem more natural, but think that it about evens out in terms of space. If anyone has a problem feel free to trim it a bit (/edit)

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game – August 27, 2009 8:32 PM (edited 8/27/09 4:32 PM)
remaining: 4
Roll: 5
Turn: 9
Action: Shape land x 3 - smoothed out the edge of the desert. I took two full boxes and about a box worth of spill over there, if anyone thinks it is too much space, let me know.

Points left: 0 + 3

map

continue first age

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game – August 28, 2009 12:10 PM (edited 8/28/09 8:10 AM)
First Age, Round 9, Turn 3
Previous Points - 8
Points Rolled - 5
New Total - 13

Actions:
Shape Climate 1" X 6 - A strong southerly wind breezes across the tropical island, pushing most of the mist generated by the rain there across the ocean. This covers the southern peninsula in a thick fog year round.

Points Remaining: 1 (+3)

Map

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game – August 28, 2009 12:24 PM (edited 8/28/09 8:24 AM)
Starting Points: 3
Die Roll: 5
Total for Turn: 8

Shape Land x 2 - > a short mountain range
Command Avatar -> Create Order -> A high distinction within Treefolk society of people dedicated to the nurturing of all living things. Such members are called "Elder [First Name]".

Vote to continue first age

Map

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game – August 28, 2009 1:19 PM (edited 8/28/09 9:19 AM)
I was thinking about what Tozzi said on the chat about wanting to put a river in his desert, and I'm thinking that he should be able to do that for free. He already paid the cost of changing the terrain, and there's no rules about change the terrain in one square to two different properties at the same time, so I think when he changed the tiles to desert, he could have also added the river through it at the same time. As this is our first time out, I'm ok with him going back and retconing the river into existence in the desert. Of course, he would have to pay to extend the river out of his desert to a tile he didn't pay to transform, but how does that sound to you guys?

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game – August 30, 2009 3:35 AM (edited 8/29/09 11:35 PM)
works for me too

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game – September 4, 2009 4:17 PM (edited 9/4/09 12:17 PM)
Starting points: 3
Roll: 11
Total for turn: 14
Action: shape land x 4 - to the southeast of the desert there is a great cliff, soaring thousands of feet into the air. The desert rests on the plateau on the north/west side, and the lower lands to the south and east. A river coming down from the mountains courses through the desert and cascades over the cliff in a great fall.

Points remaining: 2 + 3 = 5

map

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game – September 4, 2009 5:53 PM (edited 9/4/09 1:53 PM)
First Age, Round 10, Turn 3
Previous Points - 4
Points Rolled - 8
New Total - 12

Actions:
Create Avatar - Clawing her way through the fissures and splits in the land, a great white dragon emerges at the top of the north west mountains near the start of the river and calls this place her new home.

Command Avatar - Loving her new home, but feeling loneliness at being the only of her kind on the surface, the dragon goes about creating brood of children. These children are the start of the Dragonborn race. The Dragonborn live with the white dragon for many centuries, simply calling her The Great Mother.

Points Remaining: 0 (+3)

No map update

Note: We're now at the point where if any one person wants to end an age, they can do it. It's not majority rules anymore. I'm thinking of ending the age at the end of this next round.

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - A1 R11 T1 – September 4, 2009 6:36 PM (edited 9/4/09 2:36 PM)
Start from last turn: 3
Die Roll: 7
Total for Turn: 10

Command Avatar to Command Order to always act for preservation, be it in life or knowledge: 2 points
Shape Land x 1 - Creating a whirlpool in the middle of the gulf

Vote to end first age

Points Remaining: 5 + 3 = 8

Map

Re: Role Playing World Gerating Game - A1 R11 T1 – December 4, 2009 2:46 PM (edited 12/4/09 9:46 AM)
Tozzi, take your turn at this game Smile