The Gamer Corner
Once I learned about confirmation bias, I started seeing it everywhere.
Lost your password?

A new game!

A new game! – January 4, 2010 4:12 PM (edited 1/4/10 11:12 AM)
Cuzzdog (1522 posts) Your Host
Rating: Not Rated
Some of you may have noticed, but I've kind of stopped doing DFtL. In the end, I was getting burned out on coming up with new artists and songs I thought would be popular enough for everyone to know, and it seemed like people weren't that interested in playing it anymore. I may come back to it after a while, but for now I'm resting my musical brain.

Anyway, when I retired DFtL's on GAGG, someone else stepped up and started doing a 6 degrees of separation game. And since it requires no work on my part, I thought I would steal share what they post with you guys. Let's see if this is any more popular than DFtL's.

foz wrote...
Rule wise, link two actors based on other people they've worked with, put your answer in the spoiler tags. As you are on your honor system if you have trouble remembering a name of someone who works in your chain feel free to describe the actor and roles, if I award points I may deduct some, but that doesn't really matter anyway.

When I list actors I'll list a movie in spoiler tags so people who don't recognize the names can play too.

Competition the First:
Keanu Reeves to Zach Braff

Keanu Reeves Hint Movie:

Zach Braff Hint Movie:

Re: A new game! – January 4, 2010 7:12 PM (edited 1/4/10 2:12 PM)
Talraen (2373 posts) Doesn't Play with Others
Hey! I still wanted to do DftLs! And I don't know enough about actors to get very far in this game. Too bad Clair's not around. Though I am kind of tempted to write an IMDB crawler to cheat like a whore. Smile

--
There is no Mythril Sword in Elfheim
Re: A new game! – January 4, 2010 7:25 PM (edited 1/4/10 2:26 PM)
Maybe I was feeling burned out during a week or two where no one was around, because it felt like no one was playing. Or maybe it was in my head because I was feeling burned out and work was getting crazy. Anyway, I'm just putting it aside for now. I'm sure I'll come back to it eventually. Maybe I just need to care less about trying to not have repeat artists.

For the record, here is the answer I came up with that week:
Click here to show spoilers
Keanu Reeves played Ted in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure which had George Carlin as a mentor from the future
who was also in Dogma which was directed by Kevin smith
who also directed/stared in Jay and Silent Bob strike Back with Will Ferrell as a Wildlife Marshal
who was also a minor henchman of Dr.Evil's in Austin Powers: International man Of Mystery staring Elizabeth Hurley as a sexy spy
who also played the Devil in Bedazzled staring Brenden Frasier
who made a few guest appearances as a minor reoccurring character on the show Scrubs staring Zach Braff

And it took me hours of thinking to come up with that answer, as well as some IMDB fact checking/inspirational viewing. This game is definitely not one you can easily peel off an answer to off the top of your head like DFtLs was. That's why the guy who's posting these is only doing one a week. So... think about it, and you might be surprised by what you come up with. I didn't think I'd be any good at the game either but I've come up with answers for every week so far.

Edit: No [[u] for underline? Weaksause.

Re: A new game! – January 4, 2010 10:29 PM (edited 1/4/10 5:29 PM)
Talraen (2373 posts) Doesn't Play with Others
Underlines mean links! Besides, <u> is deprecated. Sure, you can use CSS to achieve the same effect, but the same holds true for <b> and <i>, but they aren't deprecated. Of course, that's because people are lazy. XHTML shouldn't actually include any stylistic formatting tags at all. But that's not really relevant here. Except that I could implement [[b] and [[i] as <strong> and <em>, but I'd have to use <span style="text-decoration: underline;"> for [[u], and that would be lame.

--
There is no Mythril Sword in Elfheim
Re: A new game! – January 11, 2010 12:42 PM (edited 1/11/10 7:42 AM)
Ok, I know the first round didn't go over so well, but I'll try this one more time. Out of all the questions previously posted, I found this one to be the easiest.

Robert Downey Jr.
Hint
Hint
IRON MAN

to

Bruce Willis
Hint
Hint
Die Hard

Active Users: (guests only)
1 user viewing | Refresh