The Gamer Corner
This isn't the brand of crazy koolaid that I usually pour
chaoscat
Lost your password?

Exalted Castes

Exalted Castes – April 7, 2010 7:17 PM (edited 4/7/10 3:17 PM)
Balerion (1224 posts) Elite Powergamer
Rating: /images/autobot.gif + 1
Tozzi and Dowd were helping me come up with examples of Exalted castes for an e-mail I was writing to my players and asked that it be posted here, so here is an excerpt from the e-mail:

What caste are you? - there are five castes or "flavors" of Solar Exalted, each caste has some abilities that they naturally favor, but you get to choose a bunch of favored abilities too. I find that which caste you are is basically a question of how you're solving problems:

* Dawn - these are the fighters - their solutions are generally going to involve a weapon of some sort and direct conflict
o Examples: Achilles, Boromir from Lord of the Rings, any character Bruce Lee ever played, Lancelot, Genghis Khan, Wolverine, Samson, Harry and Sirius from Harry Potter, Sayid and Jin from LOST, Superman, Daniel Craig's James Bond
o Abilities: Archery, Martial Arts, Melee, Thrown, War

* Zenith - these are the priests - they tend to solve problems through force of personality, conversation, faith, and perseverance
o Examples: Gandhi, the Pope, Moses, Locke from LOST, Jesus, every character Errol Flynn ever played, Cyclops (from X-Men)
o Abilities: Integrity, Resistance, Performance, Presence, Survival

* Twilight - these guys are sorcerer kings - they tend to solve problems through raw intellect, they're also master craftsmen
o Examples: Gandalf, Merlin, Iron Man, Baba Yaga, Hermione and Dumbledore from Harry Potter, every character Richard Harris ever played, Jean Grey from X-Men
o Abilities: Craft, Investigation, Lore, Medicine, Occult

* Night Caste - these guys are roughly speaking the "rogues" of the world, though they're really just intelligent problem solvers - more likely to solve a problem with stealth, trickery and cunning than just brute force
o Examples: Bilbo, Odysseus, James Bond, Fred and George from Harry Potter, Batman, Pierce Brosnan's James Bond
o Abilities: Athletics, Awareness, Dodge, Larceny Stealth

* Eclipse Caste - these guys are diplomats, they're generally going to solve problems by talking to people and working out an agreement, or by drumming up support to help fight an enemy.
o Examples: Marco Polo, Ben and Hurley (from LOST), Sindbad, Maverick (yes, of the cheesy western movie), Confucius
o Abilities: Bureaucracy, Ride, Sail, Linguistics, Socialize