The Gamer Corner
Pretty much the only reason to have these accounts is to friend a girl named Candy
Airclair
Lost your password?

Tower in Mor Dhona

Tower in Mor Dhona – January 8, 2011 9:38 PM (edited 1/8/11 4:38 PM)
Talraen (2373 posts) Doesn't Play with Others
Rating: Not Rated
I was exploring the world, and remembering why I was so excited about this game in the first place. There's so many cool areas, with interesting (and huge and scary) mobs, and just nothing to actually do there. But this tower rising from the center of Mor Dhona caught my eye, and I figured I'd share with the class.

http://www.gamercorner.net/images/MorDhonaTower.jpg
--
There is no Mythril Sword in Elfheim
Re: Tower in Mor Dhona – January 10, 2011 12:44 PM (edited 1/10/11 7:44 AM)
Balerion (1224 posts) Elite Powergamer
That's pretty awesome.

I recall hearing my sister's ex (who went to Full Sail) talking about the different drives that make people play MMOs, one of which was Exploration. I have to admit that while I can't bear the thought of grinding and leveling and so forth I really do regret not seeing some of the parts of these worlds that people created.

Breathtaking Digital Vista >> Higher Numbers and More Powers

At least for me.

Which leads me to be a halfling jump monkey in DDO.

Re: Tower in Mor Dhona – January 10, 2011 12:54 PM (edited 1/10/11 7:54 AM)
Yeah, I'm more of an Explorer than the people I play with. In fact, after taking this pic I finished visiting every camp in the game (camps being places you can teleport to). Of course there are still a bunch of sub-camps to visit now...

Anyway the thing for me is, I don't just like to explore the world, I like to explore quests, mechanics, abilities, etc. That's one of the main reasons I love FFXI so much - one character can do everything, every job, every plotline, etc. And that's also my biggest gripe with FFXIV - there isn't much to "explore" beyond what I've already done, world-wise. (Hopefully I add "yet" to that sentence. Wink)

At any rate, the problem with exploration is that eventually you're done. Maybe I'll take more screenshots and post them just to keep myself interested.

--
Re: Tower in Mor Dhona – January 10, 2011 12:59 PM (edited 1/10/11 7:59 AM)
Balerion (1224 posts) Elite Powergamer
Yeah, I'm fine with being done, actually Smile I think the game companies have a lot more incentive for me to never be done than I do.

Just For Fun... – January 10, 2011 1:09 PM (edited 1/10/11 8:09 AM)
One of the neat random things FFXIV does is track your, for lack of a better word, achievements on the main website. And it just so happens that your first time reaching every camp and aetherial gate (those sub-camps I mentioned) is counted as an such.

My character page has gone a little achievement-wacky the last three days. (Here's Steve's page, as an example of a normal player.)

Unfortunately my exploration might have to take a break. I've reached all 25 camps in the five major zones, but only 24 of 61 known aetherial gates. And at my level, only six of those have combat leves, which means the other 55 are too high level to reach safely. (There's been a lot of sneaking and being one-shotted on this journey. Good thing there's no death penalty in FFXIV!)

--
Active Users: (guests only)
1 user viewing | Refresh