The Gamer Corner
Open-book tests are like playing Where's Waldo with your textbook.
Lost your password?

Teh Rules

Teh Rules – July 19, 2007 6:51 PM (edited 7/19/07 2:51 PM)
Talraen (2373 posts) Doesn't Play with Others
Rating: Not Rated
OK, despite getting little or no response to my proposed rules on the initial thread, it has come to my attention that some people have different ideas of what they want to do. (I am so surprised.) Seriously, guys, the idea is for us to all have fun. The fact that no one objected to my suggestions, while most of your actions say no one really liked them, is not helpful. I don't mind if you don't like my ideas, it's OK, but this "oh, I don't want to complain and rock the boat" stuff is frustrating as all hell. Anyway, from what I can gather, here is what we should do, because it's something no one has a problem with:

So far all of us (except Earl) have bought the product needed for Time Spiral block sealed (Time Spiral Tournament Pack, Planar Chaos Booster, Future Sight Booster). And we're gonna stick with that. Trading is not allowed, inside or outside the group, nor are outside cards. There will be some method to obtain new cards (see below). I suggest, if you want to play any games outside of the poor man's league at all, that you take all of your poor man's cards and save a deck with them in it. When cards get added to your pool, add them to your deck.

Now, about adding cards. The obvious solution is to periodically add a pack of whatever, but Steve had a really cool idea that I quite like: draft new cards. Now, assuming Earl plays, we'll have six people, which happens to be enough to do a team draft. (I believe that will result in three 1-on-1 matches, but I guess it might be a big 3-on-3... I've never done it.) The actual draft game isn't really the point, though, the point is to draft new cards. I mean, I'm going to be forcing my league colors if we do this, even if I draft an abysmal deck because of it - but hey, when you're online you gotta work within the framework provided.

(signature removed)

Active Users: (guests only)
1 user viewing | Refresh