The Gamer Corner
I will burn everything I’ve made to the ground if I think I can catch them in the flames.
Lost your password?

Masters Edition

Masters Edition – July 23, 2007 2:51 PM (edited 7/23/07 10:51 AM)
Talraen (2373 posts) Doesn't Play with Others
Rating: Not Rated
This doesn't really have anything to do with our little league, but then, there's no "league" in the forum title, so whatever!

As you may or may not be aware, they started releasing old, out-of-print sets on Magic Online a while ago, starting with Mirage. Why they started with Mirage isn't really important (I think the reason they gave was that it was the first true block balanced for limited play), but the plan is to release sets up through Masques block, which would then make every set from Mirage through now available online (since online started with Invasion). Visions is already out, and Weatherlight is supposed to be out this winter, possibly alongside the release of version 3.0 of the client.

Anyway, this still leaves the vast majority of pre-Mirage cards (that's Alpha/Beta/Unlimited, Arabian Nights, Antiquities, Legends, the Dark, Fallen Empires, Ice Age, Alliances, and Homelands) unavailable online. For that reason, and presumably to make Classic more like Legacy (or whatever they call Type I these days), they are releasing a "Masters Edition" set on Magic Online. It will have 195 cards, and I probably wouldn't bother mentioning it, but the very first card they've announced for it is Force of Will.

Now, god knows I never want to get into Type I again, but that's pretty cool. What other pre-Mirage cards (which haven't been reprinted since before Mirage or Sixth Edition) should they include? The only one that comes immediately to mind for me is Necropotence, but there are a ton. I imagine they'll try to reprint anything that gets play in Legacy, but isn't restricted or banned (or maybe they'll include Mana Drain, who knows?). It should be interesting.

(signature removed)

Active Users: (guests only)
1 user viewing | Refresh