The Gamer Corner
Get back to work, slacker!
Lost your password?

Awesome.

Awesome. – October 15, 2007 4:19 PM (edited 10/15/07 12:19 PM)
Airclair (1096 posts) Doesn't Play Well with Others
Rating: Not Rated
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose so let me simply add that it’s my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V

Re: Awesome. – October 15, 2007 5:24 PM (edited 10/15/07 1:24 PM)
Cuzzdog (1522 posts) Head of Gamer Corner R&D
Just out of curiosity, what made you think of the V quote now? Did you just see the movie?

Also, you couldn't come up with a title other than "Awesome"? How about "A Veritably Vast Vocabulary "?

Re: Awesome. – October 15, 2007 5:39 PM (edited 10/15/07 1:39 PM)
Airclair (1096 posts) Doesn't Play Well with Others
Cause it's awesome?

I saw this posted somewhere else and I'd always thought of writing down the speech but was way too lazy.

Re: Awesome. – October 15, 2007 5:46 PM (edited 10/15/07 1:46 PM)
Balerion (1224 posts) Elite Powergamer
lol, that was great Cuzzo, thank you

Also, I too am a huge fan of that speech, Clair

Re: Awesome. – October 15, 2007 5:53 PM (edited 10/15/07 1:53 PM)
Cuzzdog (1522 posts) Head of Gamer Corner R&D
Thanks Matt. I'm glad someone appriciated my title Big Smile. It's pretty damn hard to come up with three additional V words that are not already in that speech.

And, for what it's worth, Sara plays that clip to her 7th graders to illustrate alliteration.

Re: Awesome. – October 15, 2007 5:59 PM (edited 10/15/07 1:59 PM)
Talraen (2373 posts) Doesn't Play with Others
I loved that speech just because not every word started with a V. It almost managed not to sound forced (and I didn't even notice what was going on for a few seconds into it). It did go on a bit long, I think - I saw V For Vendetta with my dad and totally expected him to be like "oh god, I've had enough of this crap" halfway through. But it was still really cool.

Active Users: (guests only)
1 user viewing | Refresh